Sunday, November 15, 2009

"I Don't Like This Story"


Nakiwe Dlamini

My life story.
I was born in 1993. I am in grade four. I come from a child headed family. My mother died when I was eleven years old. She became sick and died. My father died when I was two years old. He also became sick and died. When my mother died I became worried. I was frustrated. I needed a mother like others. I wanted her in my life. It became clear to me that I had no parents. I used to cry everyday. There is no one to buy me food, clothes. I even have no shelter.


Nokulunga Dludlu

My life story.
I was born 19 March. I am grade four. I live with my brother and my sister. My father died when I was five years old. He became sick and died. Many things I given by UNICEF. I am happy to much to help us give food. When I was in school I was happy because I was reading books. When I read books I am very happy because the books tell me stories and give me many things. The things stay in my head. No one can take them things from me. When I remember some things I start to cry. I want my father back. When my father is not dead he buy me food- now there is no one to buy me food. When my mother was alive she buy me food. Now there is no one to buy me food.

Nonsikelelo Matsenjwa

My life story.
I was born in 8 April 1999. I live with my father, grandmother, grandfather, and aunt. My mother died when I was still a baby. When my mother died I used to stay with my grandmother. I enjoy staying with my grandmother. She did not beat me. When I was in grade one my grandmother died. She became sick and died. I was hurt. I miss my grandmother's folktales. I miss my grandmother.

Tibuyile maksenjwa

My life story.
I come from a child headed homestead. There are eight people in my family. My mother died when I was still a baby. My father don't helps me with anything. My grandmother helps me. When I was in grade one my sister say to me please go to the shop for me. A man saw me. He came and forced me to sleep with him. The road in a bush. A woman came and he ran away. When I be old I want to be a nurse. And I want to get married like my sister.

Nomphumelelo Nblovu

My life story.
I was born in 1995. I am in grade six. I live with my parents. There are thirteen in my family. I am happy because I go to school and I am not happy because my skoni (sister in law) at home she cooks and eat with her children. When I cook she takes my food and says she will beat me and not give me food.

Wendy Nellela

My life story.
I was born 2 May 1998. I am grade four. I live with my aunt. I come from a child headed family. Both my parents are dead. My mother died when I was five years old and my father is dead. I never knowed him. When my mother died I stayed with my grandmother. I was happy because she took good care of me. My Uncle Sipho bought me clothes and my school fees. My other uncle used to send me to the river at night and not give me food. I think it is because I did not have parents. I don't like staying with my aunt. She doesn't give me food. She says mean things to me. Sometimes she throws me outside at night with my clothes. I don't like her. She's mean to me. At school I am happy because I play and I laugh with my friends and my teacher. When I grow up I want to be a police. I will buy Uncle Sipho a good present.

Siphesitile Mamba

My life story.
I am 12 years old and I was born 4 April 1997. I live with my mother, two sisters, brother, and father. When I was seven my mother fall sick. She had malaria. Me and my brother tried to make things to help mother. My brother ran away to the neighbours and got help. We helped my mother. Now she is alive. But there is something that makes me not happy. My mother have tuberculosis now. But I dont have problem because she is alive. I thank God she is alive. I don't want her to die. One day walking only one. I see two boys. One boy came and abused me. At home my mother asked and I did not tell her. I was scared to tell my mother because the boys tell me not to tell my mother. I was six years old. I told my mother and she take me to the hospital. They check me and they find that I do not have HIV/AIDS. My mother tell me if I see people that I run the other direction. I run home. I do not feels happy. Yes I do not have AIDS. But I don't feel happy. I don't go anymore. I don't want to repeat it again. That is my life story.

Buhle Vilane
My life story.
I am nine years old. I am grade three. My mother died when I was six years old. When my mother died I was not sad. I became sad when they take me to the coffin. They make me look inside. I became sad because I thought she was alive. She was dead. Three of my brothers die. One sick. He has maggots in mouth, one cough, and other sick. This is making me sad. I do not want to write anything more.

Nomcebo Mamba

My life story.
I am fourteen years old. I was born 1995. I have both my parents. My mother decided to go with another husband. My father too another wife. My step mother is not good just because she is jealous she doesn't give me food. She said she would punish me for nothing. I don't like this story.

..............................................

My last night home before I leave for Manzini- 10 days with volunteers- IST. The eldest girl in my family, 13, knocks on my door. I see just a hand come through the burglar bars. A letter with the name "Meredith Brooks" on it. Who is that I think. I sit on my bed and read:

To: Meredith
I write to say I don't know what these ten days without you will be like. Sometimes I feel like you can help me in my personal issues that nobody knows about, but only me. All these days I have been waiting for a day in which I would like to tell you about these issues. But I haven't found a way. When I sometimes feel like tell you it is hard because I'm not used to telling people about myself. I want to tell you these because I feel I can find the best advice from you because there's nobody else who I can tell. So back to the subject I will like to say that I will miss you and I love you.

I wish you all the best during your ten days in Manzini as a Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV)
Hope when you come back I will be able to tell about a clear picture. I wish you all the best during your two years course as your work as a volunteer of the United States Peace Corps. I believe that it's hard to stay away from your family and your country, but you have to be strong and tell yourself that you are going to do it. Everything is Possible. Tell yourself that everything is possible. If you can say it in your heart, but not using your mouth. We are going to do everything we can for you to have two memorable years in Swaziland. Know that as you leave your house you are going to help people in this country and that we are grateful to have you in this homestead. WE LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment