Monday, June 15, 2009

Mail Mail Mail


Mail

I have received packet after packet of information about what to expect, what to tell family and friends, addresses, phone numbers. So here I shall paraphrase for you.

Mail can take anywhere from two to four weeks. If you would like to send something through the postal service, while I am in training (which lasts about two months), you can send letters and packages to the Peace Corps office:

Meredith Brooks, PCV
US Peace Corps
PO Box 2797
Mbabane H100, Swaziland
Africa

Once I move to my permanent site I will send you the new mailing address.

It is recommended that packages be sent in padded envelopes, boxes tend to be taxed. There is also no guarantee the package will get to me. When writing letters, try numbering them. So I will know if I have missed one.

If you cannot get a hold of me, if there are any worries or concerns or questions you can always contact the Swaziland desk in Washington. 1.800.424.8580 ext. 2333 or 2334 or 202.692.2333. They will some how track me down and inform me of any emergency if there is one.

Please Please email me your addresses, and keep me posted if they change. I would like to be able to write letters, as internet and phone calls will be scarce. mlbrookster@gmail.com

One more week.

No comments:

Post a Comment